Answer: check the Compliance Schedule for THAT building. Commonly it is daily when in use for Crowd buildings and monthly for all others. (refernce MBIE: Compliance Schedule Handbook)
If that’s how often they are being checked then why do we see defects or straight out fails or bad installations? Recently I was out and about and came across this exit in a carparking building. The building was old its obvous the escape route and exit signs DO NOT comply with current Building Code for the C docs not F8 – they don’t have to but are they safe and do they function as intended when they were installed? I did wonder if an IQP would pass it, defect it and/or report it? Then I wondered about how Worksafe would see it through their different glasses.
- Different types of systems
- How we get the systems not listed onto the schedule?
- Defective elements or systems that fail
- What equipment or check/test sheets are needed to set up the test /inspection regime
- Dealing with old buildings or changes in use