You have until 10 May 2013 to get your submission in. Its in the form of a survey so much easier to participate..
What MBIE proposes:
- Simpler rules for new pools – people getting a new pool would have simpler and more flexible rules for restricting young children’s access to the pool.
- Pool owners’ maintenance check – pool owners would do a maintenance check every three years and give it to their local council.
- Spa pools – spas with a childproof cover would not need a fence.
- Portable pools – retailers would need to tell buyers about their safety obligations when they buy a portable pool over the height of 400mm.
- Rules won’t apply to other water hazards – ‘swimming pool’ would be limited to pools intended for swimming or similar activity. This changes the current definition, which includes other water hazards such as garden ponds.