1. They think the IQP writes the BWOF - NO - they can act as owners agent but that's a different hat
2. They think the IQP is there to sign off compliance - NO - they are there to ensure testing and maintenance has been done on the system to keep it working.
3. They think the IQP can add equipment and make design choices (eg. there's not enough fresh air in here, or you need to add an alarm). NOPE - not the IQPs job.
None of this is TRUE.
Check out my short video on the job of the IQP
In summary the jobs of the IQP are:
2. Cross check the info is correct and gets owners permission to change if not
3. Get the referenced standards, checksheets named in the Compliance Schedule
4. Make up test sheets, checklists and set up routines on-site
5. Train owners /occupiers and techs what to do
6. Turn up at the alloted times and do the work or ensure it has been done
7. If all is on target sign the 12A and deliver to owner/ or their rep by target birthday anniversary
(I will cover what to do if things are wrong in a new upcoming video).
Rosie - out
Rosemary (Rosie) Killip